Many women visit Arthur M. Cambeiro, M.D. Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery in Las Vegas when pregnancy, nursing, dramatic weight loss or routine aging has resulted in their desire for a breast lift, or mastopexy. A breast lift is a solution for women who desire fuller, more-shapely breasts.
If you're a woman in the Las Vegas area who is interested in a breast lift, please call our Henderson, Nevada offices at (702) 577-0039 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Cambeiro, who also can accommodate out-of-town breast lift patients through our Fly-In Program.
What Is a Breast Lift?
This procedure is ideal for women who aspire to more youthful-looking breasts. It is designed to raise the breast and better position the nipple. Depending on the individual needs and expectations of each patient, a breast lift might also be combined with other procedures such as breast augmentation or corrective nipple or areola surgery.
Your Breast Lift Consultation
The first step toward your new breasts is completing a thorough exam and medical history with Dr. Cambeiro. Please be honest and forthcoming with our Board-certified Las Vegas plastic surgeon about past illnesses, current medications and allergies as well as your expectations of the procedure. This is also a chance for you and the doctor to talk specifically about the surgery, its risks, and your recovery.
Your second pre-surgical visit with Dr. Cambeiro is roughly two weeks before surgery. Here you can voice any fresh concerns, and hear from the plastic surgeon about the medications you should and shouldn't take. This may also be the time when our staff takes pre-operative digital photographs to help document the emergence of your new physique.
Dr. Cambeiro and his staff will provide you with complete and detailed instructions about how best to plan for your breast lift recovery. Please speak up if any aspect of these instructions seems confusing or unmanageable.
You also settle your financial arrangements at this visit.
Your Breast Lift Recovery
It is a common misconception among breast surgery patients that their new bodies will emerge overnight. In fact, recovery time and care is key to satisfactory plastic surgery results.
We will thoroughly review the demands of your breast lift recovery with you both before and after surgery. Some of the recovery logistics you should anticipate include:
- Pre-arranging a ride home after your surgery as you will be unable to drive yourself nor take a taxi. (We can assist with transportation as the need arises.)
- Making sure that someone will stay with you for at least one full day after surgery.
- Swelling and bruising after surgery is normal. So is minor pain that is generally managed with your prescriptions.
- Your breasts will be uncomfortable for a day or two but the pain should not be severe (medications will help any discomfort you may be experiencing).
- You should not work for at least a week no participate in strenuous activity or exercise or at least a few weeks.
- You should expect to wear an elastic bandage and then a support bra for around a month.
Your Breast Lift: The Final Result
As with any medical procedure, it can take months for scar tissue to fully heal. You also should keep in mind that a breast lift cannot prevent any future sagging, which is why some woman opt for a breast lift with implants.
If you're ready to find out if a breast lift performed by Board-certified Las Vegas plastic surgeon Dr. Cambeiro is right for you, please call our Henderson, Nevada offices today at (702) 577-0039.