After years of performing breast and body procedures in Nevada, Board-certified Las Vegas plastic surgeon Dr. Arthur Cambeiro knows all too well that one of the most frequent misconceptions experienced by breast surgery patients is the idea that their new body will emerge immediately.
The truth is that productive healing is essential to any successful breast surgery.
Dr. Cambeiro is pleased to treat an extremely-educated plastic surgery consumer at his Henderson, Nevada practice. The purpose of this page is to enable patients to have well-informed, tempered expectations when it comes to breast surgery outcomes and recovery.
When you have questions or concerns about the breast augmentation surgical process and subsequent recovery, please call the Henderson, Nevada offices of Arthur M. Cambeiro, M.D. Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery today at (702) 577-0039.
Your Recovery Timeline
Dr. Cambeiro and the entire staff assembled this rough recovery timeline to provide patients with realistic information about what to expect after their breast augmentation surgery. Please understand that each patient’s healing is unique, and that anytime additional treatments such as liposuction or a tummy tuck are involved, your recovery timeline, prescriptions and follow-up visit regimen will change.
Most importantly: Dr. Cambeiro wants to impress upon all of his patients that after surgery, his practice maintains an Open Door Policy, most especially for breast augmentation patients. That means patients can return at any time, and visit for as long as they need, to ensure proper healing and post-operative recovery.
- Immediately following surgery: Remember that you will need a driver to get home, and that someone should stay with you for about a day.
- Post-Op Days 1 to 2: You will need assistance with mobility and medications along with basic yet essential healing activity such as eating and especially drinking as you will be on a liquid diet for about a day until your body is ready tolerate solid food again. It’s normal to feel fatigue and sore in this period after surgery. But it’s vital that you get out of bed and walk around to maintain healthy circulation and reduce the risk of blood clots. Most pain issues will be effectively managed with prescription medication.
- Post-Op Days 2 to 3: As long as you protect your incisions and avoid submerging them in water, bathing and showering is okay. This is also when you'll begin to wear your zip-front recovery bra round-the-clock.
- One Week After Surgery: To reduce your infection risk, you should have been taking antibiotics for five days after the procedure. This is also the point at which you should be feeling well enough to return to work. You should begin to use the implant massage techniques that Dr. Cambeiro taught you as these exercises are thought to reduce the incidence of capsular contracture.
- Two Weeks After Surgery: Your breasts will remain sensitive for roughly two to three weeks.You also may notice a burning sensation in your nipples. This should gradually diminish.
- Six Weeks After Surgery: This is when you can begin to transition away from your support bra, and when, with the doctor’s okay, you can resume your fitness routine. We look for swelling to diminish significantly at this point. Your new, fuller breasts should feel more subtle and appear more natural looking.
When you have questions or concerns about recovering from breast augmentation or any of the Las Vegas breast surgery procedures performed by Arthur M. Cambeiro, M.D. Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery, please call our Henderson, Nevada practice today to schedule your consultation: (702) 577-0039.